Group Ride & Grand Opening: Dinkytown Greenway
This Sunday, Aug. 4, please join Transit for Livable Communities and Bike Walk Twin Cities for a bike ride and celebration of the new Dinkytown Greenway! (Please see map here.) All are welcome.
- Noon - Bike ride begins: Riders will meet near the corner of Carter Avenue and Eckles Avenue in Saint Paul, on the campus Lawn. They will take the U of M Transitway west.
- 12:20 p.m. - "Pit stop" at Malcolm Ave. SE: Bike riders meet up with Minneapolis Mayor R. T. Rybak.
- 12:45 p.m. - Grand opening celebration: Gather at the corner of Oak Street SE and 5th Street SE, next to TCF Stadium, to formally open the Dinkytown Greenway.
- Ride the new trail segment. After the celebration, the bike ride will continue along the new path across the Mississippi River to the site of next year's Bluff Street Trail project, which will complete the trail connection to downtown Minneapolis.
This new route brings attention to two of the Twin Cities' undiscovered treasures for bicycling-by connecting them! Those two treasures are the U of M Transitway and Bridge 9 over the Mississippi River.
The trail will serve both recreational cyclists and commuters heading to the U of M or downtown Minneapolis, two of the biggest employment centers in the state. And it will be an alternative route to one of the busiest on-street bicycling areas in the metro, along 15th Avenue SE in Dinkytown. This is one of more than 60 projects funded by the Bike Walk Twin Cities federal nonmotorized transportation pilot program, administered by Transit for Livable Communities.
News & Events
- Thu, 05/07/2015 - 6:40pmReading the Highland Villager #130
- Mon, 05/04/2015 - 4:47pmTwin City Message Boards #10
- Tue, 04/28/2015 - 4:11pmReading the Highland Villager #129
- Mon, 04/20/2015 - 3:57pmTCSidewalks Tour: Noteworthy Parking Lots of Minneapolis Bike Tour
- Fri, 04/17/2015 - 11:14amGOP War on Cities Begins and Ends with Hypocrisy