Winter Walkoff 2012 throughout February!
Winter Walkoff 2012: Coming in February!
In February, we're celebrating walking --- the most benign and cheapest form of transportation. According to the American Community Survey, more people walk to work than bicycle. Bike Walk Twin Cities monthly counts show that most people (74%) keep walking all year round.
During February, we'll be posting stories on Facebook about walking and encouraging people to walk somewhere everyday and Tweet about it using the hashtag #winterwalkoff. Many people walk somewhere everyday, but in February we want to hear about it. Tell us where you walk --to the bus? To lunch? Around the neighborhood? To school? Let's put walking in the spotlight during the Winter Walkoff.
Looking ahead to February, here are two events to keep in mind --one indoors and one outdoors.
1. On Saturday, February 4, from 11am-4pm, you can Go Red at the Mall of America with the American Heart Association. Walk around the MOA to catch a fashion show, concert, casting call, and other events.
2. On Saturday, February 11, from noon- 2pm, get outside on the Midtown Greenway for the first ever Winter Wonder Walk/Ride, featuring bicycling and walking activities. Registration begins at 11:30 at the Freewheel Midtown Bike Center.
There are many other events in February for your #winterwalkoff. Search for this hashtag or follow us @bikewalktc to keep in touch and find out more.
News & Events
- Mon, 12/01/2014 - 11:54amReading the Highland Villager #119
- Fri, 11/21/2014 - 1:44pm*** Sidewalk Weekend! ***
- Wed, 11/19/2014 - 11:22amSigns of the Times #97
- Wed, 11/19/2014 - 11:15amSidewalk Flotsam #5
- Tue, 11/18/2014 - 10:32amThe Annotated [Pulled] Rick Harrison Met Council Hit Piece